Chickpea Curry and Kale Slaw
This curry is very tasty and can be cooked in the microwave oven using a
glass bowl with a loose-fitting lid.
- 4oz dried chickpeas, soaked and drained
- 4oz frozen corn
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 2oz dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 large curly kale leaf, stem and large ribs removed, chopped and frozen
- Ground cumin, chili powder, Tajin seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
Add enough water to cover the chickpeas, corn, potato, and onion. Bring
to a boil on high power and simmer for 50 minutes on low power (on my
microwave, that is 10/10 for 8 minutes, 3/10 for 20 minutes, and 2/10 for
30 minutes). After cooking, add peanuts, chopped kale, seasonings, and
coconut oil. Makes two servings.
This dish combines savory kale, sweet onions, and sharp radishes. It is
full of flavor.
- 1-2 large curly kale leaves, stems and large ribs removed, chopped and frozen
- 1/4 yellow onion, sliced and frozen
- 3 red radishes, peeled
- White vinegar
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
Freezing softens the kale and makes the onion mild enough to eat raw.
Chop the kale, onion, and radishes. Add white vinegar, olive oil, and
black pepper. Let marinate for a minute or two. Makes one serving.